3rd Annual Regional State Border Coordination Workshop
- Governance: There is a need for an overall regional governance structure for planning activities and a coordinated regional incident command and control structure for use during and after an event.
- Collaboration: The region needs a mechanism for on-going regional collaboration activities.
- Coordination: There is an ongoing need for regional planning and collaboration between homeland security, emergency management, transportation, law enforcement, public health, the private sector and other related organizations.
- Resources: The regional officials need to know what resources are available and from whom before an event occur and need a mechanism to coordinate resources that are available from both the public and private sector.
- Funding. A regional funding and sustainability strategy is needed.