Administrator W. Craig Fugate’s First Official Day at FEMA Message

(Thi is Craig Fugate’s First Official Day at FEMA Message: Thought it would be nice to post this to the blog, FYI)

I wanted to take the opportunity on my first official day at FEMA to introduce myself and to tell you how happy I am to be the new FEMA Administrator and part of the FEMA team. I know from first hand experience what a great agency FEMA is and what a dedicated and professional workforce I will be working with. In the coming weeks we will be announcing new senior leadership as soon as they come on board, and I know that we will have an exceptionally strong team.

In my discussions with Secretary Napolitano it is clearly evident that there is a new emphasis on the importance of emergency management in the Department. The Secretary is committed to building strong relationships with all of our stakeholders. I couldn't agree more that the core of our success lies in the relationships we build with our state, local and tribal partners, with the private sector, and with the public itself

We still have many challenges in front of us and, in emergency management, we always will, but I want all of you to be more creative and pro-active in your solutions to meeting those challenges. I am fully confident that we can develop a culture of preparedness in this country, that we can find answers to difficult issues, and that we can successfully carry out the critical response and recovery mission the nation expects from us.

I want to personally thank Nancy Ward for her service as Acting Administrator. Her outstanding leadership and direction has put FEMA on the right path; Nancy was instrumental in making that happen, and will continue to be a key advisor to me as she re-assumes her role as the Region IX Administrator.

So again, I just want to say how happy I am to be a part of the FEMA team and I look forward to getting to know and working with each and every one of you. Together we can make a difference in helping those that look to us for assistance in their time of greatest need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is an EOC information management system?

It's Baaack! Bill to limit number of UASIs (Updated)

What is an Emergency Management Consulting Firm?